||Audit Senior I
||Full Time (40 hours/week)
Reporting into the Audit Manager, or equivalent, the Audit Senior I undertakes specific stages of audit work independently and works under supervision on more complex tasks, familiarizing themselves with the underlying principles behind the tasks assigned to him/her as part of the audit plan, making adjustment to the application of skills to improve the work tasks or solve audit issues.
When it comes to working in a team, the Audit Senior I assists the Audit Manager in planning, managing and delivering on audit and assurance engagements. The Audit Senior I is also able to build relationships, work cooperatively and identify ethical issues with reference to the code of professional conduct and ethics. He/She is able to select and apply from a range of known solutions to familiar problems and takes responsibility for his own learning and performance.
- Accounting degree holder / Completed an accounting qualification
- Assist the Audit Senior in performing audit and assurance engagement activities, undertaking specific tasks in the planning, execution and delivery stages of the audit under supervision.
- Perform tasks on audit and assurance engagements in compliance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Review financial statements in accordance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Execute assigned engagement-related tasks under supervision, including tests of controls, analytical procedures, substantive tests and collection of evidence to corroborate information as part of the audit program.
- Validate the accuracy of information accompanying the audit report, perform data analysis and identify significant accounting and auditing issues present in the data.
- Act in accordance with the Singapore Standards in Auditing, Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore, the Singapore Companies Act and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards when providing audit and assurance services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting degree (2:1)
- Studying towards a professional qualification
- 2-3 years audit experience
- Proficient with audit software (e.g. Pro System Fx Engagement)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite
- Open Source Research Tools