Accounts and Payroll Associate (Philippines)
|Role||Accounts and Payroll Associate|
|Contract Type||Full Time (40 hours/week)|
|Location||Bonifacio Global City, Philippines|
Reporting into the Accounting Manager, and supported by the Accounting Senior, the Accounting and Payroll Associate provides assistance and gives administrative support in maintaining the accuracy of the accounting records of the client.
The Accounting and Payroll Associate provides support by performing financial accounting and corporate reporting activities; and processing business transactions and reports using information technology tools.
- Perform the accounting function in preparing full sets of accounts which includes maintaining/keying in data into accounting systems/software.
- Record clients transactions and events relating to sales, purchases, receivables, payable and cash; as well as inventory accruals, prepayments, capital structure and finance costs; ensuring the accuracy of these financial records and statements.
- Assist with the preparation of month-end financial statement, cash flow statements, bank reconciliation statements and schedules to the accounts.
- Prepare payments to vendors; this includes reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, matching the invoices to cheques, obtaining all signatures for cheques, preparing the payment vouchers, updating the Cash Flow Listing through cheques/telegraphic transfers/bank drafts, distributing the cheques accordingly.
- Process payroll transactions into the accounting systems/software.
- Prepare tax returns for submissions and classifying allowable expenses accurately.
- Prepare the Annual Survey for Clients.
- Prepare statutory contribution (e.g. Central Provident Fund) calculations.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Accountants and Accounting Entities, and International Financial Reporting Standards when providing accounting services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting
- 2 years accounting experience (Big 4 Accounting Firm- Desirable)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite and accounting software (e.g. Xero, SAGE)
- Keen eye for detail