What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Purpose of using Cookies
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Kindly note that if you choose to decline Cookies usage, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Types of Cookies we use:
- Analytical cookies – Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- WordPress cookies – By default, WordPress generates two types of cookies.
- Session cookies – Session cookies are set when a user logs in to a WordPress site. These cookies contain a user’s authentication details, and the settings for the admin area interface.
- Comments cookies – When a user leaves a comment on a WordPress powered website, WordPress automatically sets a cookie containing user’s name, email address, and URL. This cookie allows WordPress to automatically fill username, email, and URL fields on the user’s subsequent visits.
- Social Media Cookies – These are cookies that allow you to interact with social media platforms via links on our website. The Helmi Talib Group does not control social media cookies and we do not gain access to any user account details.
Google Analytics is a website traffic analysis application that provides real-time statistics and analysis of user interaction with the website. We make use of Google Analytics to analyse valuable data pertaining to users to determine which channels and strategies work best to generate website traffic.
For further details on Google Analytics’ policy, see here.
HT Data Protection Officer
133 Cecil Street, #15-02
Helmi Talib Group reserves the right to change this policy with or without notice so please check back frequently.